Monday, October 26, 2009

Kakijiku - hanging scrolls







I always marvel at the color of the trees each fall..
Do you have a favorite image of your garden in the fall..?
Might you like to display it in a way that will allow you to
admire it for years to come..as a keepsake ..! One of the formats that I offer to my clients is
to take an image of theirs and make it into a scroll.

This image above is one taken in a clients garden. The image is printed on Japanese rice
paper, aged and then layered with glazes to enhance the colors.

I find the most appealing images are the simplest ones...
This is from my front yard. This is a Japanese Maple. It's really
beautiful all year round...




Take a look out your window..you might see something
that really catches your eye...


No comments:

Post a Comment